Worshipful Master's Message
March 1st 2021
The Lodge has been busy already this year. By the time you read this, we should have raised three brothers to the sublime degree of Master Mason. The current plan is to initiate several Entered Apprentices at the second meeting in March, with plans to get them through the third degree by the end of the year. I didn’t take the space in the previous Trestleboard to discuss my goals for this year so I will do so now. My goals in no particular order are:
• Improve ritual work in regular meetings as well in conferral of degrees.
• Initiate at least six new Masons. (We already have four petitions in hand.)
• Improve the physical condition of the building, including repairing the roof
leak in the Gassaway room and improving the lighting in the lodge room.
• Improve the timeliness of proficiency examinations and subsequent degree
• Have fun! I hope to hold a gala in the fall to support our charities and have a
whiskey and cigar night in the spring.
If you are interested and have the time to help with any of the goals please contact me. I am excited to serve as Worshipful Master of Annapolis Lodge this year. Our lodge is one that is steeped in history and a bright future making good men better!
Sincerely and Fraternally
Ricky D. Smith
Annapolis Lodge No. 89 A. F. & A. M.